Friday 16 October 2009

getting your story right


there are about 8 of us on the same flight tomorrow and we've had to work out whether we're travelling singly, in pairs or as a group. this is so we can safely get through controls at Tel Aviv airport (reknowned for its bullying tactics). I'm travelling with N, a young British muslim from London - she was refused entry last time so we've had to perfect our story. will let you know in the next couple of days if it worked! hope they don't go through my luggage or I'll have to explain why a tourist needs gardening gloves, binoculars, 60 biros and a 450g tin of shortbread with picture of a castle on the front. I had planned to say I'm there to see migrating birds but I'm so crap at bird identification I'd easily get caught out. however my facial recognition is pretty hot. I should have joined the force like my brother! A of course is relieved I didn't. 

thought you might like our last glimpse of St Ives last weekend. always look on the bright side...

No comments:

Post a Comment