Thursday 15 October 2009

Olives

quite a few of you will know I'm off to the West Bank this weekend to join an international group helping with the Palestinian olive harvest. apparently there are 85 of us this year from all over the world. we'll be going to farms/fields where the settlers are particularly aggressive or obstructive (backed up by the Israeli Defence Force), the idea being that international helpers/observers will help lessen the tensions and if nothing else, bear witness to the true situation. 

I'm hoping to post stuff whilst I'm there, but it may be sporadic. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds very dangerous Maggie - worse than Exeter on a Saturday night. You must be very careful. I can't unreservedly support your efforts since I'm not keen on olives - but I think you'd be a more deserving recipient of the Nobel Peace prize than say Kissinger (or even the present laureate come to that).

    ReplyDelete